Citizens Bank Awards 30 ‘Small Business Community Champions’ for Strengthening Local Economies and Communities | Business
PROVIDENCE, RI – (BUSINESS WIRE) – May 3, 2021 –
Citizens Bank today announced its winners of the Fourth Annual Small Business Community Champion Award, from over 4,000 entries, who highlighted how these businesses would use grants to support community growth, meet customer needs as well as strengthen and support their businesses. This year’s $ 300,000 program represents a significant increase in citizen engagement and the largest award pool of all time, more than tripling the awards given out last year, including ten additional awards each for businesses owned by women and minorities.
Thirty small business owners from across the citizen footprint each received a $ 10,000 award in recognition of their efforts to strengthen their communities. The recipients of the 2021 Citizens Bank Small Business Community Champion Award are:
- Alexander & Sons Home Improvements, Binghamton, NY
- Cambridge Quilt Shop, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Christine’s Early Learning Center, Centerville, MI
- Common Table, LLC, Chef Emmet Moeller, Rosendale, NY
- The best soul bistro in Cuppy, Ypsilanti, MI
- Dam Good English Muffins, Peekskill, NY
- Deloje, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dynasty Studio of Dance, Orchard Park, New York State
- EatWell Meal Kits, Brookline, MA
- Food Focused Nutrition, Buffalo, NY
- Get Fokus’d Productions, Buffalo, NY
- GFS Design Group, Inc., Peekskill, New York State
- Hall Services, Inc., Buffalo, New York
- Heights United Football Academy, Cleveland Heights, OH
- Jo’s Gallery 2, LLC, Detroit, MI
- Julia’s Essentials LLC, Harrisburg, PA
- Lauren Simone Publishing House, East Hartford, CT
- Law firm of Tejal Mehta PC, King of Prussia, PA
- Mindful Music, Inc., Arlington, MA
- Modern Acoustic Music Collective, LLC, Cleveland, OH
- Momxiety Club, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Junk King Harrisburg, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- S&P Network, LLC, Harrisburg, PA
- Saraz, LLC, Burlington, VT
- Savage Chef Enterprises, Inc., Webster, New York
- Studio iplay, Inc., Oak Park, MI
- The Doc In A Box, LLC, Macedonia, OH
- The Tafari Group, LLC, Detroit, MI
- Coin Café Newton, Newton, MA
- TOP The Organic Project, Duxbury, MA
“We are particularly pleased to have expanded the reach of the Small Business Champion program in 2021, which recognizes the critical need of small businesses in their communities and in growing economies,” said Simon Griffiths, Head of Core Banking Services , Citizens. “The program has been significantly expanded this year where, in addition to 10 awards for small businesses, 20 new awards for minority and women-owned businesses have been added, all of which represent businesses that provide opportunities for employees and economic vitality to their respective communities. . We are happy to continue to support small businesses in the multiple geographies we serve and congratulate them once again on their continued success. “
For more information on the program, the winners and their proposed initiatives, please visit https://www.citizensbank.com/businesschampion
About Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is one of the nation’s oldest and largest financial institutions, with $ 187.2 billion in assets as of March 31, 2021. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, Citizens offers a wide range of retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, mid-market businesses, large corporations and institutions. Citizens helps clients reach their potential by listening to them and understanding their needs in order to provide them with tailored advice, ideas and solutions. In Consumer Banking, Citizens offers an integrated experience that includes mobile and online banking, a 24/7 customer contact center, and the convenience of approximately 3,000 ATMs and approximately 1,000 branches in 11 states in the regions of New England, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest. Consumer Banking products and services include a full range of banking, lending, savings, wealth management and small business offerings. In commercial banking, Citizens offers a wide range of financial products and solutions, including lending and leasing services, deposit and cash management, currency risk management solutions, interest rates and interest rates. ‘interest and commodities, as well as loan syndication, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity market capabilities. More information is available at www.citizensbank.com or visit us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210503005434/en/
CONTACT: Steve Brownell
KEYWORD: RHODE ISLAND PENNSYLVANIA OHIO MICHIGAN MASSACHUSETTS CONNECTICUT VERMONT NEW YORK UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: FINANCING OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OF THE BANK OF SMALL ENTERPRISES
SOURCE: Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 05/03/2021 8:51 am / DISC: 05/03/2021 8:51 am
Copyright Business Wire 2021.