First Home Bank changes its name t
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., May 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — St. Petersburg-based community bank First Home Bank has made a name for itself by prioritizing the Tampa Bay area. The Bank will now be known as BayFirst, a name that more clearly defines its long-term goals and aligns with its holding company, BayFirst Financial Corp (BAFN).
The move to BayFirst ensures consistent messaging conveying the values, progressive nature and overall strategic direction of the establishment. It also clarifies the existing confusion about the products and services provided by the Bank in addition to residential mortgages, including community banking and commercial loans.
“The BayFirst name reinforces our commitment to the community and our goal of becoming the bank of Tampa Bay,” said Anthony N. Leo, CEO of BayFirst. “While we continue to support small business owners and home buyers across the country through our SBA and residential mortgage lending divisions, we remain an independent bank based in St. Petersburg, focused on making a difference in our own community and in the lives of those we serve.”
The unveiling and conversion of the name will be celebrated at a bank-wide event taking place this morning at BayFirst’s headquarters at 700 Central Avenue in St. Petersburg beginning at 11 a.m. The celebration will then continue throughout the week as BayFirst has additional plans to highlight its renewed commitment to putting the bay first, including:
- Monday, May 16: The Bank will provide vouchers for discounted food items at various restaurants on St. Petersburg’s Central Avenue between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 17: BayFirst will cover the tram fare for passengers on the Central Ave Trolley in St. Petersburg between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday May 18: The Bank will cover bus fares for passengers on Route 15, between Netpark and Westshore Plaza along Columbus Drive in Tampa from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Thursday, May 19: Starting at 11 a.m., the Bank will sponsor 100 meals provided by Miss Susie’s Newtown Kitchen food truck at her North Sarasota office, located in the Newtown community at 1782 Dr. Martin Luther King Way.
- Friday May 20: Beginning on Rescue Dog Day and continuing through May 27, BayFirst will match the pet adoption fee of $25 per animal to the SPCA Tampa Bay and provide adoptive families with a card. $25 gift to a pet supply store.
Headquartered in St. Petersburg, BayFirst operates seven banking centers in the Tampa Bay area and originates residential mortgages through 20 loan origination offices nationwide. In addition to residential mortgages, BayFirst offers a wide range of personal and business banking services, including small business loans through its SBA lending division, CreditBench, and is one of the largest SBA lenders in the world. country. Since opening in 1999, BayFirst has grown exponentially without losing sight of its commitment to impacting the community and being here for the future.® in the lives of its clients. For more information visit: www.BayFirstFinancial.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “may”, “could”, “should”, “should”, “believe”, “anticipate”, “estimates”, “expects”, “intends”, “plans”, “projects”, “believes that” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, and a variety of factors could cause our actual results and experience to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. BayFirst Financial Corp. does not have a policy of updating or revising forward-looking statements except as required by law, and management’s silence over time should not be construed to imply that actual events occur as believed in these forward-looking statements.
|Anthony N. Leo||Jeffrey M. Hunt|
|Chief executive officer||Strategy Director|